In this position you will work with minimal supervision (after initial on the job training), performing a broad range of field service activities, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance and customer support functions on automated industrial manufacturing equipment.
Field Service Engineer
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our field service/installation team. In this position you will work with minimal supervision (after initial on the job training), performing a broad range of field service activities, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance and customer support functions on automated industrial manufacturing equipment. In many cases these installations are multi-million-dollar investments running 24/7 operations for our customers. This position requires heavy domestic and possibly international travel. Long term travel is sometimes required, usually 1 week up to 2-3 weeks on some occasions.
You will report to our US Field Service Engineering Manager and work with our service team based in the Netherlands to supply US based customers with support, either on call or on site. Other responsibilities will be:
• Commission, service, repair, and perform maintenance as necessary on electro-mechanical manufacturing equipment;
• Troubleshoot software controlled electro-mechanical machinery to root-cause;
• Provide training and leadership on the use and safety of production equipment;
• Perform preventive maintenance activities on equipment;
• Assist Engineering in equipment specification modifications and upgrades;
• Provide onsite leadership and technical support for the field service installation team;
• Maintain inventory of service parts, tools, and test equipment;
• Participate in continuous improvement by identifying solutions and recommending improvement;
• Align planning with customer planning and organize efficient day-to-day operation;
• Document projects by completing reports and checklists for customers and Netherlands back-up;
• Maintain timeliness, appearance, and organization in all areas of responsibility;
• Generating (advisory) reports to the customer and processing order data for billing purposes.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• General knowledge of pneumatics, vacuum, and hydraulics systems;
• Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and industrial electrical aptitude;
• Preferred to have PLC familiarity (purpose, function and basis programming);
• Programming background desired, but not required;
• Ability to remotely acces software and troubleshoot equipment;
• Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and mechanical drawings;
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits;
• Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, work under pressure and able to work independently in remote locations;
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a daily basis;
• Willingness to travel on short notice, including international travel;
• Must have a very strong grasp of the English language both written and verbal, Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required;
• Must have general PC skills, including Windows Office suite (Excel, Word etc.);
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to acquire a passport;
• Must pass criminal and professional background check and pre-employment drug screening;
You are living in the Midwest (Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky (preferred), Other Midwest states will be considered as well) and have 10+ years’ experience in installation, repair and maintenance of industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment and experience with industrial electronics (servos, motion controls, various sensors, etc.). We require a minimum of 5+ years of customer field service experience as clear communication with customers and our Dutch office are critical.
Military with technical backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
You have a HS Diploma or equivalent, although an Associate’s Degree or vocational/ technical training in industrial automation or robotics will be advantageously considered.
What we offer
We offer challenging opportunities, growth potential, competitive salary with benefits and a diverse job in which you will travel a lot. Based on our growth we are striving for a hire in Q2-Q3 2023.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information about the vacancy or procedure you can contact Robert Verstappen at +31 497 38 38 18.
Check our website for more information about KSE Process Technology: kse-technology.com
Knowledge, service and expertise – these are the three pillars on which KSE Process Technology has built up its business for more than 50 proud years. By continuously monitoring these core values, KSE has become what we are today: a leading supplier of dosing and weighing systems, automation solutions and services for producers of powders, granulates in the pet food and animal feed industry and related industries.
Much has changed in the past 50+ years. However, personal contact, excellent service and passion for the powder and pellet processing industry are still key. You may also expect the same dedication and stability in the coming years. We currently have 180 employees and we are active worldwide, but we are still a family business to the core.
KSE Inc is the North American subsidiary for the Dutch entity, focusing on providing boots on the ground and service/support to our customers in the area. Many of those are focused in the Midwest region. The North American market is relatively new to KSE (+-3-4 years active) but has built a solid basis in these years. The US is a focus market for the years to come and this hire is the next step in solidifying that business, maintaining a healthy customer base while expanding the US based team and services.
The focus is on the petfood, premix and feed industry. KSE is a true specialist in this market. No other company can offer customers in this sector the same support in terms of dosing and weighing systems and automation software.
Good collaboration is our top priority. With our customers, but also with our partners worldwide, because only through close partnerships with all stakeholders, are we able to truly optimize production for our customers. We strive to support our customers in a long-term strategic partnership so that they can focus on their core business activities.
You will report to our US Field Service Engineering Manager and work with our service team based in the Netherlands to supply US based customers with support, either on call or on site.